One of the most loved character from the famous TV Series “Game of thrones,” Tyrion Lannister has a tongue that snaps and lashes like a whip, irrespective of who is standing in front of him. His wit is legendary. So is his ability to get out of any situation. He prefer his time cracking jokes and drinking wine. And as I read the book “Game of Thrones, – Part 1 of the “A song of ice and fire” again – I cherished every chapter, especially the ones featuring him.
Below are the eleven quotes by Tyrion Lannister that I absolutely loved.
1. “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”
2. “Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.”
3. “My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge… That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow”
4. “Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.”
5. “Let them see that their words can cut you, and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anyone.”
6. “If a man paints a target on his chest, he should expect that sooner or later someone will loose an arrow at him. I have seen dead men with more humorous than your Ser Alliser.”
7. “We all need to be mocked from time to time, Lord Mormont, lest we start to take ourselves too seriously.”
8. “Why is it that when one man builds a wall, the next man immediately needs to know what’s on the other side?
9. “I loved a maid fair as summer, with sunlight in her hair.”
10. “Why would Petyr lie to me?”
“Why does a bear shit in the woods?” he demanded. “Because it is his nature. Lying comes as easily as breathing to a man like Littlefinger. You ought to know that, you of all people.
11. “Remember this, boy. “All dwarfs may be bastards, yet not all bastards need be dwarfs”